Parker Reck

Parker Reck

Monday, May 23, 2011

It's been 2 years...

It's been 2 years since Parker was called home, so unexpected. I remember that day as though it was only moments ago. The pain just as strong, the longing to hold him and hear his laugh still sits on the surface. When I am lost in thought, imagines of that day flash before me interupting my day dream. I have a photo of Parker beside my bed that I am able to look at, say goodnight and good morning too. I miss him every moment. I see him in Blake's smile and I am reminded of how lucky I am to be a mom, to be Parkers mom. If someone had told me the day I had Parker that in 4 years, 8 months,14 days and 7 hours he would pass away, I would tell them I can't wait to get to know him and love him so much for those 4 years, 8 months, 14 days and 7 hours. Parker was an amazing person who lived everyday like we all should, as though it's our last.



I miss and love you, Parker. I will never stop trying to bring awareness to window falls. I am honored to be your mom and I am so proud of you!

1 comment: